STAY CONNECTED THROUGH EMAIL!!
WHAT IS A PAC?
The School Act of British Columbia was created to ensure that parents have an opportunity to raise concerns and present ideas to other parents, teachers and educational staff.
Parent Advisory Councils or 'PACs" are essentially forums within each school community to discuss matters affecting your school and the education of your children.
If your child attends this school,
YOU ARE A PAC MEMBER!
WHY YOUR PAC MATTERS
"As parents, we offer a wealth of ideas and support in the challenges that face all public schools.
PACs strive to represent the diversity within their communities and contribute to the benefit of all students.”
PAC's are also vital to funding extracurricular activities and programing.
WHAT YOU CAN DO!
1. Attend public PAC meetings & join in the conversation.
2. Volunteer for our hot lunch program & events
3. Join our executive team and help make important decisions.
4. Contribute financially. If you are unable to volunteer your time, financial contributions would be most appreciated!
WHY WE RAISE MONEY
Our SCCS Parent Advisory Council prides itself on supporting our school, classrooms and students by providing financial support for extracurricular activities, education and programming that we feel is essential to the overall wellbeing of our student body & educational staff.
The money raised throughout the year goes directly to funding programming such as:
WORCA - Sexual/Mental Health/Physical Education - Fine Arts - Music - Playground Enhancement
Capital Investments: kitchen renovation/repair, computer/AV equipment replacement, sporting & play equipment, water bottle fill stations and hand washing stations
Financially subsidizing classrooms to help teachers off set costs for additional materials needed per classroom.
The money we raise helps to significantly reduce costs that would otherwise be passed on to parents throughout the year, making field trips and extracurricular activities affordable for all families.
Volunteering at the school is beneficial to not only our classrooms, PAC and hot lunch program,
it is also, perhaps more importantly, a genuinely fulfilling human experience.
We encouage all parents to volunteer at the school if time allows them.
HELPS OUR SCHOOL
1. Reduces the cost of labour for our hot lunch program, increasing our revenue.
2. Helps to reduce the work load of key PAC executives.
3. Allows us to provide our students and families with special events like the Welcome Back BBQ, Book Fair, Santa's Workshop, Family Fun Night & Fun Day!
4. Helps us to provide our teachers, staff members & bus drivers with a thank you luncheon.
1. Your child sees you participating and engaging in their environment.
2. Provides an opportunity for you to be better aquainted with teachers, the staff & the school.
3. Allows you to meet and get to know other children in the school who are the peers of your child.
4. Gain an understanding of the school environment and how it may positively or negatively impact your child.
5. Encourages your child to get involved and participate in life, teaches them the importance of volunteering.
6. An opportunity to meet new parents and connect with your community.